Botanik Medical Facilities is a place where we can help You bring out Your natural beauty through high quality beautifying procedures of aesthetic medicine. We do care about the well-being and satisfaction of our Patients and that is why professional care and safety of the procedures are our priority.
All procedures are performed by Justyna Pietrak MD PhD who has graduated from the Department of Medicine and also attended a post-graduate programme in the field of aesthetic medicine. Her knowledge and experience guarantee the highest standard and quality of the procedure on the one hand, and complete safety on the other.
Aesthetic medicine procedures available in Botanik include:
- reduction of facial wrinkles through the application of Botulinum Toxin called Botox
- Delay of aging processes of the skin through needle mesotherapy
- enhancement of skin elasticity through the application of platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
- regeneration and rejuvenation of facial skin through micro-needle skin piercing treatments
hen using our services and treatments, you can be 100% sure that your skin will be in the best hands. All aesthetic medicine treatments offered in Botanik are performed professionally, in a minimally invasive way and prove to be more effective than the procedures offered by traditional beauty parlours.
Please, see our full offer of procedures concerning aesthetic medicine.
Reduction of mimic wrinkles through the application of Botulinum Toxin known as Botox
Reduction of mimic wrinkles through the application of Botulinum Toxin called Botox is one of the many treatments from the field of aesthetic medicine available in Botanik. The toxin blocks the neuromuscular junctions resulting in a partial blockage of muscle movement.
Relaxation of mimic muscles have a positive effect on the look of the face. During the procedure a very small toxin concentration is applied which does not affect any other parts of the nervous system accept for the area of application of the injections. Botox in injected with a very small diameter needle attached to a disposable syringe. An adequate amount of the toxin is injected into a few locations on the face.
The procedure lasts for a relatively short period of time since it takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes. The final duration of the procedure depends on the number of injection locations. Any injection-related pain is minimal. Patients whose pain threshold is relatively low can be provided with the application of an additional local anaesthetic cream.
The effect of Botox application lasts for 3 to 6 months. The toxin proves to be effective both in female and male patients.
Recommendations for Botox application:
- Smoothing of wrinkles around the eyes – the so-called crow’s feet
- Reduction of line appearance on the forehead
- Reduction of glabellar lines
- Lower face and neck smoothing
Contraindications for Botox application
- pregnancy and breast-feeding
- blood clotting related problems
- cardiovascular problems
- chronic autoimmune diseases
- allergic reaction to any of the ingredients of Botulinum Toxin
- ongoing infections and antibiotic treatment
- ongoing treatment with pain killers, blood thinning medication and antispasticity medication
Delay of skin aging through Needle Mesotherapy
Another aesthetic medicine treatment available in Botanik is Needle Mesotherapy serving as a deep revitalization of the skin. This treatment delays skin aging processes. It is an effective and safe method for the improvement of the condition and looks of the skin.
The whole procedure is based on the technique of tiny injections introduced intradermally. As a result micro-injuries are created in the skin which naturally stimulates cells in the epidermis and dermis for more dynamic activity. Additionally, small portions of a potent cocktail of vitamins containing active ingredients such as: vitamins, minerals, nucleic acids, amino acids, coenzymes, hyaluronic acid are injected. This boosts the microcirculation of the subcutaneous tissue. The effect of the active ingredients is optimized thanks to the possibility of direct access to the required area of the skin.
Needle Mesotherapy gives long-lasting strengthening and tightening effects through skin nourishment, proper oxygenation of deeper skin cells, shallowing of mimic wrinkles as well as improvement of skin density and cohesion.
Recommendations for Needle Mesotherapy
- visible loss of skin firming, density or elasticity
- mimic wrinkles
- puffy eyes, dark circles and wrinkles under your eyes
- tired, greyish skin lacking moist and nourishment
- visibly dilated and broken capillaries
- acne related and oily skin problems
- scars (including post acne scars)
- presence of cellulite
- skin discoloration problems
- double chin
- excess of subcutaneous tissue
- prophylactics of skin aging
- prophylactics of hair thinning
Contraindications for Needle Mesotherapy
- pregnancy and breast-feeding
- ongoing cancerous processes
- ongoing inflammations of the skin
- advanced diabetes
- chronic autoimmune diseases
- blood clotting-related problems
- allergic reaction to any of the ingredients injected during Needle Mesotherapy
- ongoing treatment with medicines such as aspirin
- inclination for hypertrophic scars
Platelet Rich Plasma improves the elasticity of the skin (the so-called vampire face-lifting)
One of the more popular aesthetic medicine treatments boosting skin elasticity is the PRP treatment. It is a great alternative for those Patients who are concerned with Botox injections. PRP treatment uses only the Patient’s own blood.
The PRP treatment is a great solution for natural bio-stimulation of the body. The advantages of the Platelet Rich Plasma treatment are as follows:
- lifting effect
- stimulation of the skin to regenerate and rejuvenate
- increase in skin elasticity and firming
- improvement of skin circulation
- smoothing of wrinkles and lines
- stimulation of scar healing processes
- skin radiance restoration
The injection of plasma rich in platelets stimulates the natural abilities of the skin for regeneration. The platelets contain a number of several growth factors acting as additional stimulators for the skin cell growth. These are platelet derived elements necessary for skin reconstruction such as PDGF, TGF-β1, TGF-β2, VEGF and EGF. They boost cell repair processes, stimulate fibroblasts for the production of new collagen, aid the creation of skin vascularisation, and activate the stem cells. The procedure includes taking blood sample from the Patient. The blood is then placed in a vial and spun in a centrifuge to separate the red blood cells and plasma. The process concentrates the platelet count which are then injected into the skin by the means of micro-injections.
The procedure proves to be highly effective because of the employment of a particular blood separation technology. In the process the separation of individual blood ingredients that is: liquid plasma, leukocytes, blood platelets and erythrocytes is obtained.
Recommendations for facial and skin rejuvenation with PRP treatment:
- The need for the rejuvenation of the skin on the face, neck, cleavage, hands, and areas around the eyes
- The need for the regeneration of the skin after dermatological and aesthetic medicine procedures
- Visible skin wrinkles and skin folds
- Problems with excessive hair loss
- Dull and lifeless hair
- Post-acne marks and scars
Contraindications for PRP treatment:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Ongoing cancerous processes
- Ongoing inflammation of the skin
- Chronic autoimmune diseases
- Blood clotting-related problems
- Ongoing treatment with medicines such as aspirin
- Injection intolerance
- Ongoing urticaria
Regeneration and rejuvenation of facial skin with micro-needle skin piercing treatment
The process of spontaneous and natural skin repair is initiated with the micro-needle skin piercing treatments. Visible rejuvenation is highly appreciated among our female Patients. The plasma or vitamin cocktails applied with micro-needles trigger a 200 x time increased penetration and absorption of the applied substances.
Recommendations for Micro-needle treatments
- The need for natural rejuvenation of the skin
- Presence of the post-acne marks and scars
- Visible stretch marks
- Facial skin sagging and small wrinkles
- Presence of atrophic scars
- Presence of skin imperfections such as discoloration and pigmentation problems
Contraindications for Micro-needle treatments
- Ongoing skin problems such as inflammations and prolongs wound healing processes
- Active cold sores (oral herpes)
- Ongoing treatment with anticoagulants
- Ongoing treatment with anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen or Nimesulide